Friday, February 25, 2011

The Responses!

Thank you to everyone who is reading my blog. I just want you all to know that I don't find myself sad about fibro. Actually, that has never occurred to me. It is an annoyance and inconvenient sometimes. I get irritable and depressed sometimes, but so does anyone who suffers from chronic pain or stress. Even if it isn't chronic, an unexpected injury or a life-changing event like divorce or death of a loved one can cause the same reaction. Everyone has something that restricts or hurts them in some way. Everyone has obstacles to overcome. 


I have had a particularly stressful year, and this book is inspiring me to try and turn my life around to be the way I want it to be. I have already done four interviews. As I get the chapters written I plan to put excerpts of these in the blog. This whole project is really motivating and uplifting. I hope that those who know me understand that I am not suddenly weak and debilitated and an object of pity. I am the same person I was before they saw the blog.


I think this next year is going to be very interesting, and I really hope it lands a book contract...because I could really use the money! More than anything else, I hope others who read this book find comfort in knowing that others have these issues, be it fibro, CFS, rheumatoid arthitis, lupus, or a myriad of other chronic and sometimes debilitating diseases. We all suffer in the same way, even if the symptoms are different. We all have great, uplifting days, but we also have our bad ones. We have survived them before, and we will survive them again. We are strong, and knowing that there are others going through the same things or maybe even worse, who overcome the odds, and live happy fulfilling lifes is awe-inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment