Thursday, November 3, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

I am happy to say that I managed to transcribe two and a half interviews last week. Unfortunately, I"ve done nothing this week. There is always an excuse. This week it is because the weather is nice, and I have a lot to do on the house and yard to sell it, and I have wood to split, and I have proposals to write for freelance work that actually pays, and, and, and...

Well you know how it is. Always a reason to procrastinate. I think the real reason is that I am stuck. If I were really excited about writing, nothing would stop me, but right now, I am agonizing over what voice to use. How many interviews to do? How to organize the material?

I want this book to sell, I want it to be interesting, and I want it to be compelling. So I am waiting for my epiphany, and in the meantime making lots of excuses not to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment