Monday, March 21, 2011

3/10/2011

I am so tired this evening. The fatigue that had been creeping up on me all week stopped me dead in my tracks. I'd wake up sluggishly each morning, repeatedly hitting the snooze, but I had so much to do -- appointments, my books, taxes.

I blamed the muscle relaxer for the morning sluggishness. That can be a side affect, but I didn't really believe it. I've often taken this prescription at bedtime and not been groggy at all the next morning. I never take anything stronger than acetiminophen during the day, and I hadn't taken any in quite a few days.

But after a morning meeting, followed by errands, I returned home. There was a break in the rain, so I headed back out to walk the dogs. It was still dry when I got home, so I refilled my wood rack in the mud room. "Better beat the deluge," I thought.

I fed all the pets, and then I sat down to a nice salad and some homemade bread. That's when I slammed into the wall. I was so exhausted, I wanted to head straight to bed, but I have rules. No napping in the early evening. So I took care of some email, it was only 6:30.

I just wanted to sleep. My back ached between my shoulder blades. The pain radiated down my spine and spread out to my hips. Attached to my aching hips were two extremely heavy legs. The muscles were tight and and achy right down to my toes.

I did not go to bed at 6:30, but I didn't have the energy to do anything else I had planned for the evening, like my taxes. I'd never be able to make sense of the entries. I decided to watch a movie instead.

My hands are stiff and tight as I write this. It hurts to lean on my elbows. Sharp pain, like I'm resting them on small stones.

Maybe it's the weather. A rain system moved into the area with strong winds. Maybe it was the doughnut I couldn't resist at the morning meeting. I did try to make up for it with a really healthy salad this evening. Whatever the cause, I am not setting an alarm tonight. No appointments until later in the day. Hopefully, a good night's sleep will bring me back from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment