Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DST Continued

My mother's was scheduled to arrive at 7:30 am for surgery this morning. That meant I had to get up at 5 am. Since DST has only been in affect a few days, my body thinks that it is really 4 am.

I tried to go to sleep early. Technically, I had about seven hours in bed. I slept okay for me. That means I had no major pain and no major sleep disruptions. That doesn't mean I slept soundly through the night. Those precious sleep moments are few and far between, but it wasn't one of my bad nights.

Knowing I had to be somewhere, I got up easily. It's amazing how that works. When you know you have to do something, you just do it. Even now, at the end of the day, I feel tired and a little achy, but not exhausted or flare-like.

The morning was cold and damp. The rain from the night had slowed to a drizzle as I left. The temperatures were in the low 30s. What a change from yesterday, when it was sunny and near 50.

At the hospital, I was feeling my fibro. Sitting in the waiting room, my arms and legs would start to ache, and then go painfully numb. The pain and numbness would radiate down my shoulders to my hands. It would also radiate down my legs to my feet. It was difficult to sit still. I constantly shifted positions. I get pain and numbness like that often when sleeping, but not usually during the day. So either my early arisal or the erractic weather was affecting me.

Despite the early day, and the achiness while sitting still, I was on fire. I shopped, I baked, I walked the dogs, worked on this book, and even did 20 minutes of Pilates. I was bound and determined to stay on my schedule and get things done.

Tomorrow, I have another busy day. Mom and I return to the doctor, at the same unearthly hour, to have her eye checked. Then I plan to ski for a couple hours and work the rest of the day. I can sleep in on Friday, and hopefully, mitigate the effects of the past few days. So with this ambitious schedule, can I avoid a flare? Stay tuned for more on the DST saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment