Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pre-DST: A Day of Rest

DST Update: So far not great. I went to bed early last night and tried to sleep in a little, but unfortunately, I did not sleep well. My hips have been hurting, and I can't get comfortable. It's going to get a little worse this week, because I have to take my mother for cataract surgery. That means two very early mornings.

A Day of Rest

I gave myself a day of rest. Not because of my fibro, but because the past week had been very busy and I wanted to vegetate for a day. I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, read, and watched a movie. There are still a thousand things that need to be done, and I did do a couple of chores, but all in all, I relaxed. 

How is this different from the downtime from fibro? The difference is I could do anything I wanted, and I chose to relax. When I slow down because of the fibro, it is not a choice. It is a necessity, and it is not relaxing. If anything it is exhausting because I suffer the guilt of feeling that I should be doing more, and I suffer from the inability to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment