Friday, March 18, 2011

Anticipation

It feels good to feel good. Working on this book has given me some real motivation. The motivation gives me energy. I have a lot to do, and it is interesting.

Writing this book is really pulling me out of a slump that I have been in for over a year. If nothing else comes of it, my fibro has at least become less pervasive. I firmly believe that enthusiasm about something, as well as, exercise and a healthy diet is vital to improving fibro symptoms.

Does this mean that we are missing the obvious? That if I am active and happy, fibro goes away? No, not really. I still don't sleep well. I still have my muscle aches and trouble spots. I still suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but what I do have is anticipation.

I find myself eagerly rising, no matter how bad I feel, to do something worthwhile, exciting, and interesting. The energy these feelings generate, helps me to overlook my discomfort and even to some extent, lessens the symptoms of fibro. I feel generally happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment